Thursday, September 4, 2014

What I did this summer - Part 2 of 3 - Assisi Performing Arts




My last post outlined Organ Tour Italia 2014 and was part 1 of 3 that I'm writing to outline all of the exciting things that happened this summer. In July, my wife and I went to Assisi, Italy for the annual Assisi Performing Arts music festival. I've been working with the festival since 2001 in a variety of roles including organist, pianist, conductor, and teacher.

This year, the festival featured 20 concerts and I played 15 of them. There were several highlights this year including the chance to play two performances of Mozart’s The Marriage of Figaro. In addition, I conducted Verdi’s Otello from the piano and I performed Gabriel Faure’s Piano Quartet No. 1 in C-minor, Op. 15.




As we do each year, the festival choir sang and I played for Mass one Sunday at the Basilica of St. Francis in Assisi as well as Mass at the Cathedral of San Rufino. The final night in Assisi, we performed the Schubert Mass in G at Santa Maria Maggiore in Assisi.

No comments:

Post a Comment